My friend Kelly from DeBie Hive tagged me to answer 25 questions and since I am practically sleepwalking through this morning I am completely grateful. I’ve been staring at the blank screen drinking coffee by the gallon and I am not getting anywhere. It’s just one of those days where you wake up from a bad dream and feel more tired than you did before you went to sleep. I am thinking in images and not words. Thank goodness for lists and directions and friends who are REALLY Super Heroes no matter what other people say.
1. Where were you born? I was born in New London, CT. Yay…not sure what else to say about it.
2. Were you named after someone? No. My mom liked writing my name in cursive because she thought L’s were pretty.
3. How many children do you have? One. She’s my favorite, obviously.
4. How many pets do you have? 3 dogs (large, medium, and sort of small), 2 cats and a homeless stray cat that refuses to leave, and two chickens.
5. Your worst injury. Does childbirth count? Oh wait, that’s not an injury. Probably when I stepped on a nail and it went through my foot.
6. Do you have a special talent? Most of my talents aren’t special. I am so average it hurts. I can burn food like a boss….
7. Favorite thing to bake. I love to bake. I can’t pick one thing. Bread, cake, cookies, muffins…I LOVE IT ALL!
8. Favorite Fast Food. French fries, coke, hamburgers…I am going to go with the green chili cheese burger from Burger Time or Lot-o-Burger.
9. Would you bungee jump? Heck no. I have no desire to do that. Not ever.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? If they smile.
12. Any current worries. I woke up worried about choosing whether I was an artist or a writer. I’ve been worried about where this blog is going and if I am driving it in the right direction. Then, my friend posted something on her timeline saying, “I don’t have to choose. I can have both.” so that has been my mantra this morning.
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, water, more coffee, Canada Dry Sparkling Seltzer Water (I am addicted).
By Betty Smith (the most American and generic name I have ever seen). My Grandpa gave it to me when I was 16. I have read it three times. The idea that everyone should have something to waste has always stuck in my mind.
15. Would you like to be a pirate? No. I think my fear of sharks would keep me off the boat. Maybe I could be a dragon instead, or a unicorn…or an artist.
16. Favorite Smells. Bread baking, cake baking, fried dough at the fair, laundry that has been dried on a clothesline, Thanksgiving.
17. Why do you blog? I want to make people laugh, think, and pay attention to me. It’s the only place in my life I get to be a STAR (even if my star power only exists in my own mind). I also like conversations and community because I live in a rural, small town where I don’t fit in all that well and sometimes I get lonely. Plus, I like learning new things which happens daily around here.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? I fell into a burning ring of fire….The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow….Maybe we should just stick with a poetry reading. I can’t think of any appropriate songs.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself. I’m too sensitive and get my feelings hurt too easily. People say I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Or call me a cry baby. Yep, even the good things make me tear up.
21. Name something you’ve done, you never thought you would do? I was in a play and sang a solo, I went to South Africa, I completed a Master’s Degree, I live in a dome, I moved to New Mexico…maybe I should just list my entire life. It’s all been a bit of a surprise to me.
22. What do you look for in a friend. Someone who makes me laugh. Someone who does most of the talking. Someone who doesn’t need my attention 24-7 because I like my space too. Someone who does not thrive on drama…this is why I have so few close friends. They are hard to come by.
23. Favorite Fun things to do? Traveling, dancing with Tiny-Small, eating dinner with Jim, painting, blogging, reading blogs, making bad jokes on Twitter.
24. Pet peeves. When people leave the kitchen cabinet doors open.
25. Whats the last thing that made you laugh? Tiny-Small singing “Jingle Bells” while eating French toast with her dad at the breakfast table this morning.
Now I am supposed to tag a gaggle of other bloggers to answer these questions so I am going to…cue evil laughter, or if you are stuck like me today…tears of joy!