I’m “It” because I got tagged by my buddy Kelly who writes over at DeBie Hive. I am supposed to write about my five wishes for this holiday season and then tag five more people to join our chain-gang. A chain-gang of wishes circling the globe like those little, paper-people holding hands. A symbol of both unity and strength. Chains are really hard to break after all, and there is no way I am going to be a missing link in this one! Also, I was just telling Kelly I didn’t have anything to write about and…BAM! She sends me a link to her blog. Talk about having your prayers answered! Bloggers make the best friends, obviously. I mean, just look at us, right?
So, without further blabbering and gushing (It’s pretty hard not to gush over Kelly) here is my list:
1. I wish for patience. I need more than usual right now. I want to be patient with myself and with other people. I need to let things unfold naturally and have lower expectations. I am a work in progress. Other people are doing their best. Deep breaths, calm, centered…roll with the punches.
2. I wish for happiness and joy. This is a time to celebrate togetherness and to enjoy each other. Let people be happy. No pointing out flaws or how things could be better. Let good enough be good enough. Don’t make stress. Just be…HAPPY.
3. I wish for health. I don’t want to be sick anymore…ever again. I don’t want my family to be sick…ever again. I know, that’s a BIG wish, but still…. So, good health for the rest of the holiday season would be nice if I can’t have the forever part.
4. I wish for laughter. Yes, this is similar to number two, but different. I want to find the humor in things. I want to do drive around looking at Christmas lights and singing carols badly with my mom and my daughter (a tradition I grew up with and want to pass down). I want to bake cookies and laugh at how badly we decorate them. I want to hear jokes and be silly and have fun.
5. I wish to spread laughter and joy around like a contagion. Like a virus. I want people to say, “That Lillian sure is fun to be around.” I want them to walk away from me feeling recharged and ready to take on the world. I want to have a positive white light shining and erupting out of my soul sort of like the Care Bear stare, but not like the movie Aliens. Not like a grandiose “I want you to join my cult so I can rule the world” kind of positive light, but a “she sure makes me feel good when I am around her” kind of positive white light. Am I making any sense here? Too bad if I’m not because I am totally out of cultural references.
So, there you have it: Patience, health, joy and laughter gone viral.
Without further self-promotion here are the people I am tagging to go forth and be merry:
So, bloggers, friends, family and readers…be jolly! Be kind. Be nice. Tell me to stop being preachy. There, I said it for you. What are your five wishes for this holiday season? Consider yourself being tagged even if you haven’t been tagged yet. Share your hopes and dreams too.
Visit my Etsy shop: Dome Life Studios and use this coupon code: VISIONARIA to get 20% off your order. Discount does not apply to shipping.