I was just nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. I know, two awards in two days is crazy, right? It seems to be award season around here. If I had known I was about to receive the Versatile Blogger Award I would have bought a red sequined dress or at least put on real clothes instead of accepting it in my pajamas. Apparently my pal Mommy Unmuted is very kind because not only did she offer to award me for my newbie blogging skills, but she also thinks my content is versatile. I knew writing about diaper explosions, politics and my most embarrassing moments would pay off in the end.
Mommy Unmuted is a mommy without a mute button and she is also a terrific writer. I’m surprised and honored that she thought of me when I know she has read many, many amazing blogs. I hope you enjoy her blog as much as I have. Go visit her by clicking her name in blue up above.
How It Works:
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Copy and paste the award to your blog.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
- Let the other Bloggers know that you have nominated them.
So now I am supposed to tell you seven random facts about myself, so here goes:
1. I have a box in my basement filled with every single note I ever received from my friends in high school.
2. I am making my daughter a Dorothy (from The Wizard Of Oz) costume for Halloween.
3. It’s 4:20 pm right now and I still haven’t washed my breakfast dishes.
4. My bathroom has an African animal theme.
5. My oldest friend and I have known each other since I was born.
6. The shoelaces on my sneakers have almost been chewed in half by my dog, but I still wear them anyway.
7. I have an apron hanging in my kitchen that I almost never wear.
*8. When I was a teenager I watched the movie Grease at least a million times and in college I wrote a paper comparing the movie to the play for an English class. (A-)
*This one is for extra credit.
The 15 Bloggers I Nominate For Super Fun Typing Torture Are (imagine a drum roll here….):
1. DeBie Hive (she is nice, supportive and very funny)
2. tulip and thelma (best pictures, best captions)
3. Sex and the Suburb (they help kids)
4. The Lucky Mom (She’s authentic)
5. German Village Mom (funny, sassy, adorable)
6. Momalog (She’s relatable)
7. Busymee (5 kids and a blog?!)
8. Graceful Disaster (She’s surviving teenagers)
9. Handflapping (Hilarious)
10. Red Hot Writing Hood (Artist, fitness awesomeness)
11. The B(itch) Log (Tells it like it is)
12. First Time Mom & Dad (Funny, smart, cool)
13. Banana Wheels (I love her writing)
14. The Family Pants (We might be soul sisters in a past life)
15. Life’s Crazy Curves (My oldest and bestest friend in Real Life)
I couldn’t stop so I kept going (more extra credit):
16. Grass Oil By Molly Field (She’s writing a book and writes like I think)
17. We Band Of Mother’s (A blog to model yours after…exceptional)
18. Quirky Chrissy (Funny, witty, smart, you’ll wish she was your little sister)
19. Equis Place (from the heart, educational, wonderful)
20. That Suburban Mom (cake maker and brand new to blogging)
21. Ramblings of The Geek Wife (she blogs about her passions: domestic violence prevention, her family, her friends)
Enjoy your rewards, Ladies! I hope you can convince the people in your life how special you are and that you deserve celebrity status today. Put the button on your blog with pride.