It’s been an eventful week for me and Tiny-Small. We got our first “Pet Waste Disposal System” in the mail which delights my toddler to no end. She’s manage to bring up the topic of dog poop and kitty poop multiple times and at the least opportune moments. This is what happens when you put in a fence to avoid the neighbors you fear. You have to become a full-time pooper-scooper.
We also built a little house on the New Mexico prairie so Tiny-Small could star in her own reality show. Watch out Laura Ingalls Wilder.
In keeping with tradition (one that was only started last Sunday) this is Share The Love Sunday so I am going to share with you a few things I read over the week. I hope you find them as silly/smart/sassy and sort of amazing as I did!
1. Mayor Gia is a little ray of sunshine. Read her post My (Not So) Secret Addiction.
2. We aren’t on a gluten-free diet, but I know many people are. This Gluten Free Diet Guide (this blog no longer exists) is a comprehensive list of what to eat and what not to ( when you are going Gluten Free) written by my new pal over at Happy Little Feet.
3. I did an experiment this week and joined a blog hop for the first time. It was a lot of work, but I did meet a few really interesting people who I am excited about. I also found some new blogs to read. The blog hop didn’t exactly deliver on its promises though and I wasn’t the only one who noticed. First Time Mom & Dad wrote about their experience with blog hops here: Blog hops are a scam! (this post has been moved or no longer exists). Some really great points were raised in this post. What do you think? What have your experiences with blog hops been?
4. Ms. Heather over at The B(itch) Log wrote a piece on being a Stay At Home Mom that some might claim to be part of the mommy wars, but I think it’s about respecting people. She’s really smart and funny and uses profanity in ways I sometimes wish I could get away with. Her 5 Reasons Housewives Are Losers is a must read.
(Sort of Amazing)
5. This amazing dad gives Target some kudos for hiring a cashier with Autism. His Facebook comments go viral. He writes about it here at Just a Lil Blog a place where he blogs about his daughter who has Autism. This one is a beauty.