1. Between the political conventions, the new blogs I’ve been reading, the cleaning, and the rain, we haven’t been anywhere or done anything worth writing about. I know! We need to get out more so strange things can happen.
2. I am waiting for my cousin to finish building my art website and to turn it on, or whatever it is Internet people do to make pictures and words show up instead of error messages. I am using up all of my energy by trying to be patient. It’s not working out so well. My cousin works full-time and has a new baby at home. I’m lucky he is helping me at all. Seriously though? I am obsessed about this website. I can’t think of anything else. What if it doesn’t work? What if it does? What if I don’t have enough art to put on it? What if I have too much? What if fewer people go to my new art website than go to my old family blog (this one) (Is that even possible?!!!).
3. I might be writing too often anyway. Or, maybe I am writing too little. Or maybe I am just writing about boring topics or about politics too much, or maybe not enough. Maybe I need to learn more about SEO or I need to post a funny picture with a cat or a dog on it to my Facebook fan page every thirty seconds. Maybe I need more pictures or maybe I need less. I don’t know how to attract readers to my blog. Why am I so worried about that? Why am I not worried more? What am I writing about anyway? Why should people even care? How can people not care? My life is fascinating, sort of and on occasion. I’m funny, sometimes, except for when I’m not, which might be more often than I think. I can’t decide.
I may have to start breathing deeply into a paper bag.
4. I’m grumpy and tired. It rains every single day. I’ve hit some kind of writing block or writing wall. I only wish I’d “hit the wall” by running instead, but we can’t seem to get outside. It’s raining. It rains every. single. day. Sorry, I had to mention that twice for emphasis. Rain, dark clouds, more rain…it gets a little depressing after a while.
5. I’d rather sip coffee and watch my daughter fight with the dog over a plastic zebra toy. It’s pretty hilarious. I’m not sure if this is a sign of my cultural bankruptedness or if my brain is running in circles and this sort of mindless activity is like a reset button. Either way, that’s probably how I’ll be spending a good portion of my day today. 90% of my time will involve finding the plastic zebra because it ALWAYS gets lost. Let’s all hope it doesn’t get a leg chewed off…again.
All I know is, I’m not writing today. I don’t mean to be difficult, but it just feels impossible. Also, the coffee is calling my name.